Busy Mom’s Cooking Hacks: 5 Unbelievably Easy Crock Pot Foodie Meals PLUS Bonus Reader Recipe
BONUS READER SUBMISSION: Blendable-Yet-Commendable Roasted Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup
By Jen Russon, Food Blog Editor @From Nanaâ€™s Kitchen with Love
Prep Time: About 35 minutesÂ
All you need is a blender and stock pot to pull this one off. In fact, you donâ€™t even have to roast anythingâ€”a jar of roasted red peppers works just fine. So long as the sweet potato is soft enough to mash, youâ€™re in business. This recipe makes a huge batch of creamy (thank the mashed potato flakes!), spicy soup that looks extra fancy with a squirt of Sriracha sauce!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, rinsed and quartered
- 1 (12 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Â½ cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- Sriracha sauce and pine nuts, optional garnish
- In a stock pot, boil the sweet potatoes until tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 30 minutes. Pour 1 cup of the almond milk in a blender, adding the sweet potatoes next. Pulse until smooth. Pour the contents of the blender into a large stock pot.
- You wonâ€™t need to clean out the blender for step 2. Simply pour in 1 cup almond milk, reserving the last 2 cups the recipe calls for. Add the roasted red peppers and pulse until smooth. Pour the contents of the blender into the stock pot.
- Turn the stove on high and heat contents of stock pot until boiling, about 5 minutes; reduce heat to simmer and add the curry, chili powder, mashed potato flakes, salt and pepper and rest of the almond milk. Stir, giving ingredients a chance to marry and thicken, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of sriracha sauce and toasted pine nuts!
As always, share your fancy crock pot recipes in the comments because, YOLO.