Busy Momâ€™s Cooking Hacks: 5 Crock Pot Chili Recipes
I was tweeting with awesome Mommyish reader Kay_Sue when I bragged to her about the delicious crock pot chili that I made for my husband and how obsessed he was with it. Thanks to my not-so-humble bragging, Kay_Sue was intrigued. She wanted more. I promised her a chili cornucopia that she could enjoy just before ridiculously hot summer weather, and I am here to deliver.
But donâ€™t let the summer slow you down. So what if it gets to 100Â° for most of the summer here in Texas? Thereâ€™s absolutely nothing wrong with eating and sweating and sweating and eating and sweating while you eat your chili.
If you like to eat and sweat, these slow cooker chili recipes are perfect for you. And lest I forget to mention, they are very, very easy. Even a baby could do it, though I donâ€™t recommend letting a baby near your slow cooker because my kids are all about pulling my pots and pans out of the cabinets and breaking them on the floor. Thanks a lot.
Bust out your slow cooker and get to cooking to impress your family with a delicious, piping-hot pot of chili in just a few hours:
1. Family-Pleasing Turkey Chili Recipe: Warningâ€”this is a recipe my husband is crazy obsessed with, and Iâ€™m not sure why. Maybe itâ€™s because I substituted crack for cumin.
2. Crock-Pot Chicken Chili: Chicken chili in a crock pot may sound weird, but simmah down a minute. This chili is easy to make, and it is delish. You can take my word for it.
3. Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili: Another lite version of slow cooker chili with chickpeas, black beans, red beans, and fat-free turkey breast. Iâ€™ll take it.
4. Super Easy Crock Pot Chili: This real-food crock pot chili recipe is made with beef or bison, beans, butternut squash, and jalapenos. An interesting twist on an old favorite.
5. Easy Crock Pot Chili: I saved the best for last because this recipe is both easy and traditional. If you can throw beans, tomatoes, and beef into a slow cooker, you can make this hot mess. Donâ€™t screw it up.