Two Chinese Kindergartners Die From Ingesting Poisoned Yogurt Because Some People Are Sick And Awful
This is a horrible story. Two kindergartners in Northern China have died after eating yogurt that was tainted with rat poison. The head of a rival kindergarten left the yogurt in a bag on a sidewalk outside of the school for children to find and eat, believing it would damage the reputation of the school.
From The Telegraph:
Two young girls, aged five and six, died after eating the yoghurt, which their grandmother found in a bag on the side of the road near their school.
She gave the yoghurt to her granddaughters when they returned from kindergarten in the afternoon. Shortly afterwards both girls began foaming at the mouth and convulsing.
One little girl died on the way to the hospital. Her younger sister died the next day.Â The two schools were apparently competing for the enrollment of the village’s children. This competition drove the head of one of the schools to dream up this vile plan:
According to the police in Pinghe county in Hebei province, Shi Haixia, the head of a rival kindergarten, and her employee Yang Wenming “admitted that they injected the poison into the yoghurt and left it on the street”, the China Daily said.
“Their intention was to damage the reputation of the rival kindergarten.”
I can’t believe this sick woman was in charge of caring for and teaching children. To not think of the safety of the kids when hatching this sick plan is absolutely unbelievable. I guess we aren’t the only country that has problems screening people that provide services for our children. With so many stories of abuse and neglect out there – it’s a wonder that any of us are able to leave our kids anywhere.
The BBC reports that “China has seen a string of shocking cases in recent years, many involving tainted food and medicine.” The most infamous of these was the tainted baby formula that sickened tens of thousands of children in 2008.Â The BBC’s Damian Grammaticas in Beijing says “these have led to bouts of national soul-searching and questions about how profits are often put before people’s health.”