Cheatsgiving Recipe Contest: The Easiest Green Beans
This is the recipe my sorry, exhausted, sleep-deprived ass will be making to fulfill my culinary duties. I present: delicious green beans that are so easy to make that I’m counting on my barely-awake future self to be able to handle them.
– one or two bags of green beans (buy the pre-washed trimmed kind; it doesn’t count as an easy recipe if you have to spend an hour trimming the ends off)
– one gigantic onion, chopped or sliced
– one large can of diced tomatoes, drained
– olive oil
– lemon juice
– salt & pepper
1. Dump the green beans, onion, and tomatoes into a large pot / skillet with lid
2. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Be generous, for lemon juice and olive oil are delicious, and measuring takes energy.
3. Add salt & pepper to taste.
4. Cook, covered, over medium low heat anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour and a half. Stir whenever it suits you. When it’s done, the beans will be soft and probably olive green. Dismiss any curmudgeonly relatives who insist that they’re overcooked if they change color, especially if you are that curmudgeonly relative. They have not tasted how buttery and delicious these green beans are, and they know not of what they speak.